Diabetic Eye Exams
While it’s important for people of all ages and lifestyles to have their eyes examined regularly, there is an added urgency for those with diabetes to schedule their yearly eye exams which are OHIP covered. Diabetes can affect all areas of the body, including the eyes. It can even increase the risk of developing certain conditions, such as cataracts, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
Symptoms of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Partial or total vision loss
- Blurry vision or difficulty focusing
- Dark or empty areas in your field of vision
- Dots, floaters or dark strings in your field of vision
- Inconsistent changes in vision
- Altered colour vision
If you experience any of the above, schedule an appointment for an eye exam right away.
Benefits of Scheduling an Eye Exam
- Monitor your eye health
- Watch for the development of certain conditions
- Diagnose conditions if developed
- Provide solutions to improve your eye health
- Ensure a good quality of vision
Is it time for your regular eye exam? Contact our team of experts at the Waterdown Optometric Clinic today. We are here to help.